coLAB Arts IS HIRING! Job Description: General Manager (part-time)
coLAB Arts (www.colab-arts.org), engaging artists, social advocates, and communities to create transformative new work, is seeking out a part-time General Manager for a rapidly growing arts organization in New Brunswick, NJ. coLAB Arts produces high quality work across creative disciplines and in response to local social issues, advocacy organizations, and communities of the greater New Brunswick area.
coLAB Arts’ vision is to create more livable, sustainable, and exciting environments through art.
To learn more about our work, you can check out this video from State of the Arts: http://www.stateoftheartsnj.com/?portfolio=colab-arts
The General Manager will provide administrative support to all ongoing projects and general administrative support to organization operations. General Manager will coordinate a large team of volunteers and administrative interns and reports to Producing Director. General Manager will work on-site for administrative and production projects and remotely from home. This job is best for someone who is enthusiastic about people and fearless about talking with them, and understands how to engage a diverse group of individuals. The successful candidate is driven to support artists and organizers, and help them thrive in creating high quality work and real community impact.
Position Responsibilities Include:
1. Grantwriting – calendar, submission management, writing and reporting support
2. Contract generation and management
3. Accounts payable, receivable, receipt tracking, and Quickbooks
4. Salesforce/CRM management, donor management and correspondence
5. Office filing
6. Administrative and production calendar / programming and meeting schedule
7. Organization correspondence between staff, board, volunteers, and community partners
8. Meeting notes tracking and synthesis
9. Drafting project proposals
10. Social media management
11. Website maintenance
1. B.A. degree or equivalent, with at least two years of professional organizing or nonprofit administrative experience
2. Strong experience with Google Docs, Microsoft Office, Constant Contact, Social media content creation and management (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
3. Knowledge of databases (Salesforce)
4. Detail-oriented with organization, project management, and time management skills
5. Strong people, written, and oral communication skills
6. Ability to perform a substantial number of tasks independently
7. Ability to work cooperatively, foster team spirit, and maintain a positive demeanor
8. Must be able to work from a home office, as coLAB Arts does not have a central office.
1. Personal computer
2. Personal vehicle and valid driver’s license
3. Assist in meetings and event production (set-up and breakdown)
4. Occasional early morning and/or evening/weekend work hours
Additional Skills requested but not required:
1. Spanish-language fluency and translation, written and spoken
2. Graphic Design – InDesign, Adobe Photoshop
3. Web Design - Squarespace
4. Video Editing and/or Sound Mixing
$600/month, 8-12 hours per week
coLAB Arts does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, or authorized alien status, or veteran status.
Complete applications should include cover letter, resume, and three references, and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line: General Manager.
Applications are accepted beginning March 15, 2018 and the search remains open until the position is filled.
coLAB Arts is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization. You can visit our website, www.colab-arts.org, and on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter @colabarts.